10th Street and Bob Gibson Boulevard
Formerly a one-way route, 10th Street and Bob Gibson Boulevard has been reconstructed to serve as a convenient thoroughfare with two-way traffic. As you visit Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium or simply pass through, here is some information to help you navigate the area.
• Now allows two-way traffic both north and south.
• Southbound traffic will have a lefthand turn to enter Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium’s parking lots, just beyond the curve where the road becomes Bob Gibson Boulevard.
Bob Gibson Boulevard
• Now allows two-way traffic. Previously a one-way road going west.
• Northbound traffic on 13th Street can now enter Bob Gibson Boulevard using a newly added righthand turn lane.
• Southbound traffic on 13th Street WILL NOT be able to enter on Bob Gibson Boulevard. This is not a turn lane here.
Accessing the Zoo
• When entering the Zoo from 10th Street and Bob Gibson Boulevard, guests will only be able to make a righthand turn into the parking lot. Guests will need to go through the parking lot and around to Werner Parkway to reach the Zoo’s main entrance (click here
and reference orange arrows).
• When using 10th Street and Bob Gibson Boulevard to exit the Zoo, guests have the option of using one of two lanes. One lane only permits a turning left onto Bob Gibson Boulevard (click here
and reference red arrows). The other lane only allows guests to turn right onto 10th Street (click here
and reference blue arrows).
• Traffic flow on Zoo Parkway, the main northbound path that can be accessed after making a lefthand turn off of Werner Parkway, and through the parking lot adjacent to Zoo Parkway will remain a one-way route (click here
and reference green arrows).