Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium and Wildlife Safari Park are offering up fun fall programming, including day camps and Zoo Troop programs for the kids and exploration events for the entire family.
Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium
• Endangered Animals and Conservation – October 20 and November 17, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Through activities and investigation, participants will learn about threatened species from around the globe and meet people in Omaha who are working to help them survive. This class is for ages 13 to 18.
• Junior Keeper Program – November 3, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Participants, ages 10 to 12 years, will meet a zookeeper and get a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to care for animals at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium.
• Breakfast Under the Sea – November 10, 8:30 a.m.
Guest will get to explore the Suzanne and Walter Scott Aquarium before Zoo hours and then enjoy breakfast surrounded by their favorite sea creatures.
Wildlife Safari Park
• Junior Safari Park Keeper Day Camp – October 19, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Children ages 12 to 14 are invited to become a wildlife ranger for the day during a North American expedition. Participants will meet a Wildlife Safari Park keeper, learn about animal conservation and gain some hands-on experience in the field.
• Backstage Experience – Cheetah Conservation Tour – October 20, 10 to 11 a.m.
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the Cheetah Breeding Center and learn about Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium and Wildlife Safari Park’s cheetah conservation efforts.
• Wonders of Winter Family Explorers – October 27, 12:45 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Attendees will learn how Wildlife Safari Park operates in the winter (when it’s closed to the public), explore winter habitats of native Nebraska species and make animal enrichment for the animals to enjoy during the off season.
Visit OmahaZoo.com and WildlifeSafariPark.com for a full list of events and programming.