Are you looking to make your next Scout meeting a roaring good time? Why not bring your Scouts to Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium for your next meeting?
Cost is $12.00 per person, which includes Zoo admission and program fee. Classes are by reservation only and there is a minimum of 5 scouts to book a scout class. Classes can be booked on Saturday or Sunday at either 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. Classes may be booked year-round unless otherwise noted. 3 weeks' notice is required to book a scout class.
All classes are located at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium unless otherwise noted.
To book a class or for questions please contact (402) 738-6908 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindergarten through 3rd Grade Scout Classes
Please note: not all requirements may be met during classes.
- Animals and Nature
- Girl Scout Try It: Animals
- Cub Scouts (Tigers Electives: 14, 31, 32, 42 Wolves: Feats of skill G and Birds, Bears: Sharing your world with wildlife)
- Natural Environment
- Girl Scout Try It: Earth is our home
- Cub Scouts (Tigers Electives: 34, 42, 47 Wolves: Your Living World, Bears: Take care of your planet)
- Soil and Water Conservation *This class is only offered at the Wildlife Safari Park, located off Nebraska's I-80, Exit 426. Class is not available during Winter months.
- Girl Scout Try It: Water Everywhere
- Cub Scouts: (Tigers Electives: 35, 42 Wolves: Grow Something Bears: Water and Soil Conservation)
Junior Girl Scouts and Webelos Cub Scouts - These classes are only offered at Wildlife Safari Park located off Nebraska's I-80, Exit 426. This class is not offered November through April. Cost includes admission to the Wildlife Safari Park for the day of the scout class. Junior and Webelos Scout classes are not offered in winter months. Note: not all requirements may be met during classes.
- Naturalist Webelos Pin/Wildlife Junior Badge
- Forester Webelos Pin/Earth Connections Junior Badge
- Geologist Webelos Pin/Rocks Rock Junior Badge
- Your Outdoor Surroundings Junior Badge
- Wildlife Conservation Belt Loop and Pin for Webelos
Boy Scouts and Cadet's Girls Scouts
These classes include Zoo Admission for the day of the class. Note: not all requirements may be met during classes.
Scout Day Camps
Enjoy nature while attending a day camp developed just for scouts! Activities include learning how wolves communicate, an animal encounter, learning how predators find their prey, making an animal track and much more. Classes are located at Wildlife Safari Park located off Nebraska's I-80, Exit 426. Cost is $50.00 per scout. Bring a sack lunch and 20 oz bottle (needed for an activity). One adult free per scout. Day Camps run 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Oceanography Merit Badge/Sea to Shore Cadet Badge
- Nature Merit Badge/Wildlife Cadet Badge
- Environmental Science Merit Badge/Eco-Action Cadet Badge
- Mammal Study Merit Badge
- Bird Study Merit Badge/All About Birds Cadet Badge (Only offered at the Wildlife Safari Park)
- Insect Study Merit Badge
- Reptile and Amphibian Study Merit Badge
Please check back for 2013 dates!
To register for a class or questions, please contact (402) 738-6908 or email@example.com.