Scout classes include 2 hours of engaging activities and are held at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium unless otherwise noted* (select classes are held at Wildlife Safari Park
, exit 426 off Nebraska's I-80).
: $15 per person (scouts and adults)
$12 per person if booked with a campout
Fee includes Zoo or Wildlife Safari Park admission.
How do I book a scout class?
Scout classes are available at 10:00am or 2:00pm on Saturday or Sunday. 3 weeks' notice is required to book a class. Please contact (402) 738-6908 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courageous and Strong, Make the World a Better Place, Use Resources Wisely
- Bugs, Hiker(at Wildlife Safari Park)
Junior Girl Scouts
- Animal Habitats, Flowers (seasonal)
- Animal Helpers, Trees (at Wildlife Safari Park)
- Plants and Animals (at Wildlife Safari Park) - Wolves: Paws on the Path 1-7; Tigers: In The Wild 1-4,6,7; Bears: Fur, Feathers, and Ferns 1-5
- Up in the Air - Air of the Wolf: 1, 2a; Tiger Backyard Jungle: 1,2,4,5
- Into the Wild, Into the Woods (offered at the Zoo or the Wildlife Safari Park), Earth Rocks! (at Wildlife Safari Park)
- Oceanography, Nature, Environmental Science, Mammal Study, Insect Study, Reptile and Amphibian Study, Bird Study(at Wildlife Safari Park)
Cub and Boy Scout Day
August 29th, 2015
Scouts will spend the morning at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium working on badge requirements while exploring our world renowned facilities. In the afternoon, packs and troops will head to Lauritzen Gardens to discover amazing garden scenery and the incredible Lauritzen Gardens Gone Wild sculpture exhibit. Both organizations will be providing activities for all Boy Scout age levels.
Download the Event Flyer
for more information.
Call (402)738-6908 to make your reservation. Payment is required at time of reservation.
*Activity Change- The adventures for Cub Scouts and Webelos hosted at Lauritzen Gardens have changed to the following to reflect 2015-16 requirements:
Bears: Fur, Feathers, Ferns 5-7
Tigers: Backyard Jungle
Wolves: Grow Something
Webelos: Into the Woods