There is great reward in teaching others to see the wonders of nature and watch a mind grow. Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium has a selection of volunteer opportunities that are both interesting and fulfilling. Some positions interact with Zoo visitors, while others may work behind the scenes. Whatever the job, each and everyone is valued and performs a service for Omaha's Zoo and Aquarium that cannot be measured in dollars and cents.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Be able to commit to 2 years of volunteer service
- Meet minimum hourly requirements per year
- Attend Volunteer Orientation
- Complete application and interview process
- Docents - Docents are volunteer teachers who assist with the Zoo's formal and informal education programs. This position plays a vital role in the visitor experience as well as the success of special events.
- Wildlife Safari Park- If you enjoy the outdoors and learning about North American species, Wildlife Safari Park is for you. Volunteers help with special events, lead tours and work with people of all ages. Wildlife Safari Park is located off Nebraska's I-80, Exit 426.
- Butterfly and Insect Pavilion
- Clerical - Assist in Zoo offices with mailings, computer data entry and other general office duties.
- Visitor Services
- Diet Kitchen - Volunteers assist in the preparation of diets for Zoo animals.
- Scuba Diver - Must be a certified scuba diver to apply and contact (402) 738-2076 directly. At this time, we are not currently accepting applications for this volunteer position.
- Job Shadow and Internships - Contact (402) 738-2076 directly for more information.
For more information or to apply, please call (402) 738-2076 or email@example.com.