Enhance your visit with one of these special 1-hour programs. Living Classrooms are designed to expand your student's critical thinking skills through interactive, hands-on activities that meet National Science Education Standards.
What You Need to Know
- Available September 1 through March 31.
- Times available are 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- Capacity: 30 students per session. For groups larger than 30, a second session is required.
- Level: Kindergarten through 5th Grade.
- 3 weeks' notice required
- Fee: $4/student (minimum fee applicable, does not include school group zoo admission)
For more information or to make a reservation, please call (402) 738-2092 or email@example.com.
- Discover the Ocean: Discover oceans around the world through interactive activities in the Scott Aquarium! Your class will learn about the importance of the ocean ecosystem, water cycle and how we can conserve water and our oceans. Nebraska Standards: 1, 3, 4, 6 and 7.
- Discover the Rainforests: Discover the rainforest through interactive activities in the Lied Jungle®. Your class will learn about the rainforest ecosystem through observations, products produced in the rainforest and how we can conserve rainforest around the world. Nebraska Standards: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7.
- Penguins: Who doesn't love these feathered creatures? Put on your penguin research gear and learn about penguin adaptations, make scientific observations, collect data, and more.