Workshops are open to all educators. Explore new curriculum, participate in hands-on activities and build your knowledge of the natural world. Workshops are available at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium and Wildlife Safari Park, located off Nebraska's I-80, Exit 426.
Early Childhood Provider Workshop: How to Enhance Your Trip to the Zoo & Aqarium
Saturday, March 28th 9:00am-12:00pm
Whether you work at a pre-school, day care, in-home day care, or school, learn how to improve the learning experience before, during, and after your next fieldtrip to the Zoo & Aquarium.
• Leave with basic knowledge on how to enhance field trips and visits to the Zoo & Aquarium.
• Leave with basic Knowledge of the Zoo & Aquarium, its history, and mission.
• Create Zoo & Aquarium themed activities to help children gain prior knowledge and experiences.
• Create S.T.E.M.-based lesson plans to be used in your classrooms.
• Understand the difference between Product vs. Process art work.
Saturday, April 25th
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The new documentary adventure Humpback
Whales is now playing at our Lozier IMAX theater. Join us for a
viewing of the film to discover how these magnificent creatures communicate,
feed, play, and take care of their young. Then, discover ways to bring
Humpback whales into the classroom through interactive, STEM-based lessons that
can be adapted for various grade levels. All activities are aligned with
the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Nebraska science standards.
· Animal structures and adaptations
· Food webs and ecosystems
· Field research on Humpback whales
· Ocean health
Fee: $15; Lunch included
Click here to register for workshops.
For more information or to receive email updates on Educator Workshops, please call (402) 738-2092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.