Cost is $105.00 per child for members ($110 for non-members), unless otherwise noted. Two-day camps are from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted. To register for summer day camps, click here. Please refer to the parent packet below for detailed information and FAQ.
Please download this informational packet
to answer important questions about day camps.
Animal Architects –
From social weavers to egg-laying engineers,
the animals of the world build impressive structures. Campers will learn
about some of nature’s most industrious design- builders who demand
nothing but the finest accommodations.
Ages 5-7 June 5-6
8-11 July 24-25
8-11 July 31-Aug 1
Animal Training & Enrichment
– Sea lions and gorillas are just a few of the animals at Omaha’s Zoo & Aquarium that participate in special training. Discover why these “classes” are so important for our residents and keepers. You’ll even learn a few tips on how to train and create enrichment for the animals!
Ages 8-11 June 12-13
(ages 5-7) – Explore the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of the rainforest! Discover many of the amazing animals that live here and discover how the rainforest impacts our lives every day!
Ages 5-7 June 7-8
Jungle Fever Overnight Camp
(ages 8-11) – Explore the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of the rainforest! Discover many of the amazing animals that live here and discover how the rainforest impacts our lives every day! Includes an overnight on Friday in the Lied Jungle building.
Pizza dinner and continental breakfast provided during the sleepover. One parent is included in the cost and is required to attend overnight. Cost per child: $140 ($145 non-members). This day camp is only offered for children ages 8-11.
Ages 8-11 July 27-28
– So you think you want to be a veterinarian? Join us for this exciting camp where we will discover what it takes to be in this rewarding and challenging field. Learn how to identify symptoms of sick animals, conduct exams, learn how to suture and give injections using fruit, look at x-rays, and more! Students will not have direct contact with animals.
Ages 5-7 June 1-2 FULL
5-7 June 26-27
8-11 June 1-2
8-11 June 26-27 FULL
Photography at the Zoo
(ages 8-12) – Enjoy taking pictures? What
better place than Omaha’s Zoo & Aquarium! You provide the digital
camera and we will provide you with the help of a professional nature
photographer. Please bring a digital camera each day. This day camp is
only offered for children ages 8-12.
Ages 8-11 June 5-6
– Have you ever wondered what it takes to get the Zoo
ready to open each morning? Campers will get an early bird peek (1-hour
before opening) and will meet Zoo staff who care for the Zoo and animals
before opening each day. This camp starts at 8:00 a.m.
Ages 5-7 June 12-13
8-11 July 31-Aug 1
Walk Like the Animals
- Spend two days learning about the science of movement. Participants will spend one day at the UNO Department of Biomechanics, Biomechanics Research Building where they will join scientists as they explore how our bones, muscles, and brains help us run, jump, and play. Participants will get hands on experience with state of the art tools used not only for research but in movie and video game production. Then, as a newly trained movement scientist, spend a day at Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium investigating how all the animals run, jump, and climb. Do you ever wonder how Kangaroos jump so high? And how Cheetahs run so fast? Come to our camp and find out!
Ages 8-11 June 22-23 (Day 1 @ UNO, Day 2 @ Zoo)
– How do your abilities match up against our amazing animal athletes? Meet world-class animal gymnasts, long jumpers, speed racers, distance runners, and problem solvers. Campers will test their skills and see if they’ve got what it takes to walk away with gold.
Ages 5-7 June 1-2
5-7 July 6-7
8-11 June 1-2