Five-day camps run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. *unless otherwise noted. To register for day camps click here
. Please refer to the parent packet below for detailed information and FAQ.
Please download this informational packet
to answer important questions about day camps.
Ages 8-11 Camps
– Grab your passport and get ready to explore! We’ll travel to Africa without even leaving the Zoo! Learn about elephants, ostriches, lions, giraffes and more. Discover different cultures and traditions through art, stories and songs.
Ages 8-11 June 12-16
– Food, water and shelter; that’s just the tip of the iceberg! Discover what it takes to house animals at the Zoo & Aquarium and then design your own animal exhibits!
Ages 8-11 June 19-23
Wild and wooly, furry and scaly! At the Zoo there are over 20,000 animals so we understand why it may be impossible to pick a favorite. This camp is designed for campers who just (HEART) animals and want to explore and learn about everything there is to ever know (well, ok maybe not ever, but campers will learn a lot)!
Ages 8-11 June 5-9
(Specialty Camp) –Join us for this exciting camp where we will discover what it takes to be a zoo keeper. Campers are introduced to zoo keeping and animal nutrition, learn about animals, create enrichment and help tidy up some animal areas. Campers will have an amazing summer experience! Students will not have direct contact with animals, but will meet many of our Animal Ambassadors. This day camp is only offered for children ages 8-11. Cost: $200 per child ($210 non-members).
Ages 8-11 June 5-9
- Far more of the Earth is covered by the life-giving substance, water, than is covered by land. Plants and animals have found many interesting and surprising ways to survive in areas where water is abundant and others were it is scarce. Campers will learn about the role that water plays in the environment and ways that they can conserve and keep water clean as they attend camp at Lauritzen Gardens and Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium
. All registrations for Blue Planet Camp will be handled through Lauritzen Gardens.
To view pricing and to register for this camp visit www.LauritzenGardens.org/Learn
or call (402) 346-4002, ext. 212.
Ages 5-7 & 8-11 July 10-14
Ages 5-7 & 8-11 July 24-28
NEW! Ages 12-14 Camps
Careers in Conservation
– A career in the wildlife conservation field requires serious preparation and many hours of hard work. Campers will meet field researchers, veterinarians, biologists, advocates and more as they learn that all life depends on an intricate balance.
Ages 12-14 July 24-28
– Creating successful exhibits is a team effort. Campers will learn about the phases of an exhibit project from formation of the team, through concept planning, design and construction, to opening and operation. Explore large-scale zoo exhibits, such as the Africa Grasslands, all the way down to 10-gallon exhibits!
Ages 12-14 June 5-9
(Specialty Camp) – Do you want to care for animals at the Zoo? Roll up your sleeves and learn about animal husbandry, feeding, training, and enrichment. Campers will meet with zoo keepers from various areas around the Zoo, explore the daily routines, take behind-the-scenes tours, and learn about the science behind successfully caring for over 20,000 animals at one of the world’s best zoos! This day camp is only offered for children ages 12-14. Cost: $200 per child ($210 non-members).
Ages 12-14 June 12-16