L.I.O.N. (Learning Is Our Nature) Pounce Classes are for children ages 7 to 9. Pre-registration and payment of $16.00 per child per session is required. Prices reflect the member discounted rate.
To register for an Ed-Venture class, please call (402) 738-2092 or click here
Art at the Zoo
– Explore animals from an artistic point of view and create a masterpiece to take home! Ages 7-9 only.
Animal Camouflage July 25 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Lions September 12 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Jellyfish November 7 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Toucans January 16 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Snakes March 5 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– The Zoo train is making a stop. Come and learn all there is to know about our very own “Zoo” Train.
July 24 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
August 6 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Beat the Heat
– Turtles are basking in the heat of day and bats are feasting on mosquitoes by night. Summer is still in full swing! Come to see how the animals stay cool at the Zoo.
August 8 1-3 p.m.
– Fly, hop, crawl, swim or buzz on over to the Zoo and learn all about insects!
September 5 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– Get out your detective hat and magnifying glass as we search for clues. From scat to animal tracks we will investigate critters around the Zoo.
September 27 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
– Learn the wonders of these gentle African giants. Discover where giraffes live, see what they eat, and learn how they protect their calves.
October 3 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– So you think you want to care for animals at the Zoo? Join us for this exciting class where we will discover what it takes to be a Zookeeper.
October 17 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– What do birds eat? How do feathers feel? Gather your flock to learn the parts of a bird and decorate your very own bird-noculars.
November 21 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– Join us for this exciting class where we will discover how “animal doctors” care for the residents at the Zoo & Aquarium.
December 5 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– Surf’s up! Join us as we explore the deep blue sea and the creatures that call it home.
January 9 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– Leap into the snowy world of these beautiful, secretive, and rare cats!
January 23 1-3 p.m.
Otters, Beavers & Bears
– Paddle down the river to learn about animals that live in or near the water's edge. Gather sticks like a beaver, catch fish like a bear, and slide on your belly like an otter.
February 6 1-3 p.m.
– Jump like a toad, wriggle like a tadpole, and snack like a salamander as we learn about frogs and their amphibian friends.
February 20 1-3 p.m.
– Swing onto the island of Madagascar to practice your lemur skills. Dig like an Aye-aye, leap like a Sifaka, and sniff like a Ring-tailed lemur.
March 12 10 a.m.-12 p.m.