L.I.O.N. (Learning Is Our Nature) Pounce Classes are for children ages 7 to 9. Pre-registration and payment of $16.00 per child per session is required. Prices reflect the member discounted rate.
To register for an Ed-Venture class, please call (402) 738-2092 or click here
Art at the Zoo
– Explore animals from an artistic point of view and create a masterpiece to take home! Ages 7-9 only.
Animal Camouflage July 25 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Lions September 12 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Jellyfish November 7 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Toucans January 16 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Snakes March 5 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– Learn the wonders of these gentle African giants. Discover where giraffes live, see what they eat, and learn how they protect their calves.
October 3 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– So you think you want to care for animals at the Zoo? Join us for this exciting class where we will discover what it takes to be a Zookeeper.
October 17 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– What do birds eat? How do feathers feel? Gather your flock to learn the parts of a bird and decorate your very own bird-noculars.
November 21 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– Join us for this exciting class where we will discover how “animal doctors” care for the residents at the Zoo & Aquarium.
December 5 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– Surf’s up! Join us as we explore the deep blue sea and the creatures that call it home.
January 9 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– Leap into the snowy world of these beautiful, secretive, and rare cats!
January 23 1-3 p.m.
Otters, Beavers & Bears
– Paddle down the river to learn about animals that live in or near the water's edge. Gather sticks like a beaver, catch fish like a bear, and slide on your belly like an otter.
February 6 1-3 p.m.
– Jump like a toad, wriggle like a tadpole, and snack like a salamander as we learn about frogs and their amphibian friends.
February 20 1-3 p.m.
– Swing onto the island of Madagascar to practice your lemur skills. Dig like an Aye-aye, leap like a Sifaka, and sniff like a Ring-tailed lemur.
March 12 10 a.m.-12 p.m.