L.I.O.N. (Learning Is Our Nature) Pounce Classes are for children ages 7 to 9. Pre-registration and payment of $15.00 per child per session is required (member rate).
To register for an Ed-Venture class, please call (402) 738-2092 or click here
– Join us for a hoppin’ good time as we learn about frogs and other amphibians!
March 16 1-3 p.m.
– From sea turtles to painted turtles; these fun animals are totally awesome!
March 23 1-3 p.m.
Art at the Zoo: Camouflage
– Explore camouflage from an artistic point of view, discovering how different animals use camouflage to hide from predators or prey. Learn how to draw a variety of camouflage techniques and complete one animal drawing blending into its environment. Cost: $15 per child
March 29 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– Did you know that opossums are the only living marsupial in North America? Just like kangaroos they care for their young in a special pouch! Discover everything makes these misunderstood creatures so awesome!
April 5 1-3 p.m.
– Discover how “the little armored one” uses its sticky tongue and large claws to round up dinner, and its shell for protection.
April 13 1-3 p.m.
- Dig around to find out why these animals are one of a kind.
April 27 1-3 p.m.
– Joeys, foals, chicks, hatchlings – join us as we learn about animal babies and how they are cared for at the Zoo.
May 4 1-3 p.m.
– No monkey business here; we are going APE for gorillas!
May 17 1-3 p.m.
Coral Reef Hotel
– Sea turtles, eels and giant clams are just some of the amazing animals that hangout in coral reefs. Hang with us as we explore this colorful world below the sea!
June 8 1-3 p.m.
– Take a trip back in time and explore the exciting world of Dinosaurs. You’ll become a paleontologist for the morning and dig for fossils in our Fossil Dig Site!
June 21 1-3 p.m.
Moo at the Zoo
– Moo-ve on over to the Zoo and explore the Red Barn! Discover what life is like on a farm and learn why the animals are so fantastic.
June 29 1-3 p.m.
Sharks and Rays
– Plunge into the underwater world of sharks and stingrays! Discover what these relatives have in common and what makes them unique. Plus check out our new exhibit, Stingray Beach!
July 12 1-3 p.m.
–Explore deserts around the world and the animals that call these challenging habitats home!
July 26 1-3 p.m.
KIDS' NIGHT OUT
February 14th 6:00pm-10:00pm
Parents, it's Valentine's Day and you're due for a date night. Before you head out, bring your kids (ages 4-11)
to Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium for Kids Night Out. Kids will
enjoy a pizza dinner, a snack, and great animal activities!
Members: 1st child $30/ additional siblings $22 each
Non-members: 1st child $35/additional siblings $27 each
Call (402) 738-2092 to register.