L.I.O.N. (Learning Is Our Nature) Pounce Classes are for children ages 7 to 9. Pre-registration and payment of $16.00 per child per session is required. Prices reflect the member discounted rate.
To register for an Ed-Venture class, please call (402) 738-2092 or click here
I Love the Nightlife!
– Discover animals that think the nightlife is the best life.
Jan. 24 1-3 p.m.
What does the fox say?
– Join us at the Zoo & Aquarium to find out as we learn about fox.
Feb. 1 1-3 p.m.
– Imagine what you could do if you had 8 arms! Join us to learn more about these fascinating and intelligent creatures.
Feb. 7 1-3 p.m.
– Discover what an exciting job the Father seahorse has as we learn about this fascinating fish.
Feb. 15 1-3 p.m.
- No need to dress up for this parade; our penguins will have their tuxes on. Waddle over so you don’t miss out on all the fun!
March 8 1-3 p.m.
It’s Not Easy Being Green
– Sure it is! Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with some of our green friends here at the Zoo. Don’t forget to wear your green!
March 15 1-3 p.m.
– We’ll have a rockin’ time as we learn about our scaly friends the crocodiles and alligators!
March 22 1-3 p.m.
Leap for Frogs
– Join us for a hoppin’ good time as we learn about frogs and other amphibians!
March 28 1-3 p.m.
Sharks and Rays
– Discover some of the most interesting looking creatures in the sea! Explore amazing adaptations and separate fact from fiction.
April 18 1-3 p.m.
– Spring and sunshine bring many changes in nature as animals migrate and become more active. Use binoculars, listen, and search for signs of spring and animals on the move.
April 26 1-3 p.m.
Art at the Zoo
– Explore animals from an artistic point of view and create a masterpiece to take home! Ages 7-9 only.
Animal Cartooning May 30 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Animal Camouflage July 25 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– Help us welcome some brand new faces to the Zoo. Did you know animals have babies too? Learn how different animals raise their young and live together with their family group.
May 2 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
May 3 1-3 p.m.
– Old McDonald had a farm and the Zoo does too! Come and join us for some fantastic farm fun.
May 31 1-3 p.m.
– The Zoo is full of marvelous mammals. Come discover what makes these “Ships of the Desert” so very special.
June 13 1-3 p.m.
Hide & Seek
– There are so many animals to discover at the Zoo, but first you need to find them. Come learn how snakes, tigers, and other animals are experts at camouflage.
June 27 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– The Zoo train is making a stop. Come and learn all there is to know about our very own “Zoo” Train.
July 24 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
August 6 10 a.m.-12 p.m.