L.I.O.N. (Learning Is Our Nature) Pounce Classes are for children ages 5 to 6. Pre-registration and payment of $16.00 per child per session is required. Prices reflect the member discounted rate.
To register for an Ed-Venture class, please call (402) 738-2092 or click here
Llama, Llama in Pajamas
– When is your bedtime? When do you feel most awake? While some animals snooze laying down, others sleep standing up! Discover sleep habits of llamas and other animals. Come in your jammies if you like!
July 11 1-3 p.m.
July 18 1-3 p.m.
– The Zoo train is making a stop. Come and learn all there is to know about our very own “Zoo” Train.
July 23 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
August 7 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Beat the Heat
– Turtles are basking in the heat of day and bats are feasting on mosquitoes by night. Summer is still in full swing! Come to see how the animals stay cool at the Zoo.
August 1 or 8 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– Fly, hop, crawl, swim or buzz on over to the Zoo and learn all about insects!
September 13 or 19 1-3 p.m.
– Get out your detective hat and magnifying glass as we search for clues. From scat to animal tracks we will investigate critters around the Zoo.
September 20 or 26 1-3 p.m.
– Learn the wonders of these gentle African giants. Discover where giraffes live, see what they eat, and learn how they protect their calves.
October 3 or 4 1-3 p.m.
– So you think you want to care for animals at the Zoo? Join us for this exciting class where we will discover what it takes to be a Zookeeper.
October 11 or 24 1-3 p.m.
– What do birds eat? How do feathers feel? Gather your flock to learn the parts of a bird and decorate your very own bird-noculars.
November 8 or 14 1-3 p.m.
– Join us for this exciting class where we will discover how “animal doctors” care for the residents at the Zoo & Aquarium.
December 6 or 12 1-3 p.m.
– Surf’s up! Join us as we explore the deep blue sea and the creatures that call it home.
January 9 or 16 1-3 p.m.
– Leap into the snowy world of these beautiful, secretive, and rare cats!
Ages 5-6 January 23 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Ages 5-6 January 24 1-3 p.m.