L.I.O.N. (Learning Is Our Nature) Pounce Classes are for children ages 5 to 6. Pre-registration and payment of $15.00 per child per session is required. Prices reflect the member discounted rate.
To register for an Ed-Venture class, please call (402) 738-2092 or click here
–Explore deserts around the world and the animals that call these challenging habitats home!
July 27 1-3 p.m.
– Take some time to learn about our Zoo train and what keeps it running on the right track. All Aboard!
July 31 or Aug. 15 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
– So you think you want to care for animals at the Zoo? Join us for this exciting class where we will discover what it takes to be a Zookeeper.
August 2 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
August 10 1-3 p.m.
Ants on Parade
– They go marching one by one, and are not just a nuisance at a picnic anymore!
September 6 1-3 p.m.
– Flutter over to the Zoo and explore the wonderful world of butterflies.
September 14 1-3 p.m.
– Who loves ladybugs? We do! Fly over to the Zoo & Aquarium to discover what makes these beetles so special.
September 20 1-3 p.m.
– Eight legs and eight eyes, oh my! Explore the fascinating world of spiders.
September 28 1-3 p.m.
– At the Zoo & Aquarium, we go batty for bats! Hang with us to bust some myths and learn about the world’s only flying mammal!
October 5 1-3 p.m.
– WHOOO better to learn about than Owls? You are sure to have a hoot in this class!
October 19 1-3 p.m.
Trick or Treat!
– Get ready for Halloween by joining the Zoo & Aquarium to learn about tricks animals try to play!
October 25 1-3 p.m.
– Wings, feathers and beaks, oh my! Learn what makes birds so unique.
November 9 1-3 p.m.
Mice are Nice
– Scurry over to the Zoo & Aquarium to learn about some of our furry little residents!
November 15 1-3 p.m.
We Are Family
– It’s a family affair at the Zoo & Aquarium as we explore animals that just can’t get enough of their relatives!
November 22 1-3 p.m.
Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Some animals hibernate, some animals migrate, and others simply think winter’s great! Bundle up and learn how animals weather the cold winter.
December 7 1-3 p.m.
– Join us for this exciting class where we will discover how “animal doctors” care for the residents at the Zoo & Aquarium.
December 13 or 14 1-3 p.m.
KIDS' NIGHT OUT
August 22 6-10 p.m.
October 4 6-10 p.m.
December 6 6-10 p.m.
You're due for a date night. But, before you head out, bring your kids (ages 4-11)
to Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium for Kids Night Out. Kids will
enjoy a pizza dinner, a snack, and great animal activities!
Members: 1st child $30/ additional siblings $22 each
Non-members: 1st child $35/additional siblings $27 each
Call (402) 738-2092 to register.