L.I.O.N. (Learning Is Our Nature) Pounce Classes are for children ages 5 to 6. Pre-registration and payment of $16.00 per child per session is required. Prices reflect the member discounted rate.
To register for an Ed-Venture class, please call (402) 738-2092 or click here
– Leap into the snowy world of these beautiful, secretive, and rare cats!
January 24 1-3 p.m.
Otters, Beavers & Bears
– Paddle down the river to learn about animals that live in or near the water's edge. Gather sticks like a beaver, catch fish like a bear, and slide on your belly like an otter.
February 7 1-3 p.m.
– Jump like a toad, wriggle like a tadpole, and snack like a salamander as we learn about frogs and their amphibian friends.
February 21 1-3p.m.
– Swing onto the island of Madagascar to practice your lemur skills. Dig like an Aye-aye, leap like a Sifaka, and sniff like a Ring-tailed lemur.
March 5 1-3 p.m.
March 13 1-3 p.m.
– Did you know that opossums are the only living marsupial in North America? Just like kangaroos they care for their young in a special pouch! Discover everything makes these misunderstood creatures so awesome!
April 2 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
April 16 1-3 p.m.
– It will surely be a roaring good time as we learn about one of our “mane” attractions - the big cats in the Cat Complex.
May 14 1-3 p.m.
May 15 1-3 p.m.
– Joeys, foals, chicks, hatchlings – join us as we learn about animal babies and how they are cared for at the Zoo.
June 11 1-3 p.m.
June 18 1-3 p.m.
– Pack your trunks and discover one of the newest additions to our African Grasslands family!
July 16 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
July 23 10 a.m.-12 p.m.