L.I.O.N. (Learning Is Our Nature) Pounce Classes are for children ages 5 to 6. Pre-registration and payment of $16.00 per child per session is required. Prices reflect the member discounted rate.
To register for an Ed-Venture class, please call (402) 738-2092 or click here
– Imagine what you could do if you had 8 arms! Join us to learn more about these fascinating and intelligent creatures.
Feb. 8 1-3 p.m.
– Discover what an exciting job the Father seahorse has as we learn about this fascinating fish.
Feb. 14 1-3 p.m.
Not all Crabs are Crabby!
– Don’t wake up on the wrong side of the bed for this class! We are sure to have a great time learning about crabs.
Feb. 20 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- No need to dress up for this parade; our penguins will have their tuxes on. Waddle over so you don’t miss out on all the fun!
March 1 or 7 1-3 p.m.
It’s Not Easy Being Green
– Sure it is! Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with some of our green friends here at the Zoo. Don’t forget to wear your green!
March 14 1-3 p.m.
– We’ll have a rockin’ time as we learn about our scaly friends the crocodiles and alligators!
March 21 1-3 p.m.
Leap for Frogs
– Join us for a hoppin’ good time as we learn about frogs and other amphibians!
March 29 1-3 p.m.
Sharks and Rays
– Discover some of the most interesting looking creatures in the sea! Explore amazing adaptations and separate fact from fiction.
April 12 1-3 p.m.
April 11 1-3 p.m.
– Spring and sunshine bring many changes in nature as animals migrate and become more active. Use binoculars, listen, and search for signs of spring and animals on the move.
April 19 1-3 p.m.
April 25 1-3 p.m.
– Help us welcome some brand new faces to the Zoo. Did you know animals have babies too? Learn how different animals raise their young and live together with their family group.
May 2 1-3 p.m.
May 9 1-3 p.m.
– Old McDonald had a farm and the Zoo does too! Come and join us for some fantastic farm fun.
May 30 1-3 p.m.
– The Zoo is full of marvelous mammals. Come discover what makes these “Ships of the Desert” so very special.
June 7 1-3 p.m.
June 14 1-3 p.m.
Hide & Seek
– There are so many animals to discover at the Zoo, but first you need to find them. Come learn how snakes, tigers, and other animals are experts at camouflage.
June 27 1-3 p.m.
June 28 1-3 p.m.
Llama, Llama in Pajamas
– When is your bedtime? When do you feel most awake? While some animals snooze laying down, others sleep standing up! Discover sleep habits of llamas and other animals. Come in your jammies if you like!
July 11 1-3 p.m.
July 18 1-3 p.m.
– The Zoo train is making a stop. Come and learn all there is to know about our very own “Zoo” Train.
July 23 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
August 7 10 a.m.-12 p.m.