L.I.O.N. (Learning Is Our Nature) Cubs Classes are for children ages 3 to 4. Pre-registration and payment of $13.00 per session is required. An adult must accompany the participant. The registration cost covers one child and one adult. Prices reflect the member discounted rate.
To register for an Ed-Venture class, please call (402) 738-2092 or click here
Beat the Hea
t – Turtles are basking in the heat of day and bats are feasting on mosquitoes by night. Summer is still in full swing! Come to see how the animals stay cool at the Zoo.
August 7 or 15 10-11 a.m.
– Fly, hop, crawl, swim or buzz on over to the Zoo and learn all about insects!
September 11 or 19 10-11 a.m.
– Get out your detective hat and magnifying glass as we search for clues. From scat to animal tracks we will investigate critters around the Zoo.
September 25 or 26 10-11 a.m.
– Learn the wonders of these gentle African giants. Discover where giraffes live, see what they eat, and learn how they protect their calves.
October 2 or 10 10-11 a.m.
– So you think you want to care for animals at the Zoo? Join us for this exciting class where we will discover what it takes to be a Zookeeper.
October 23 or 24 10-11 a.m.
– What do birds eat? How do feathers feel? Gather your flock to learn the parts of a bird and decorate your very own bird-noculars.
November 6 or 14 10-11 a.m.
– Join us for this exciting class where we will discover how “animal doctors” care for the residents at the Zoo & Aquarium.
December 4 or 12 10-11 a.m.
Ocean Discoveries – Surf’s up! Join us as we explore the deep blue sea and the creatures that call it home.
January 8 or 16 10-11 a.m.
Otters, Beavers & Bears – Paddle down the river to learn about animals that live in or near the water's edge. Gather sticks like a beaver, catch fish like a bear, and slide on your belly like an otter.
February 5 or 6 10-11 a.m.
Froggy Fun – Jump like a toad, wriggle like a tadpole, and snack like a salamander as we learn about frogs and their amphibian friends.
February 20 or 26 10-11a.m.
Leapin' Lemurs – Swing onto the island of Madagascar to practice your lemur skills. Dig like an Aye-aye, leap like a Sifaka, and sniff like a Ring-tailed lemur.
March 4 or 5 10-11 a.m.