L.I.O.N. (Learning Is Our Nature) Cubs Classes are for children ages 3 to 4. Pre-registration and payment of $12.00 per session is required. An adult must accompany the participant. The registration cost covers one child and one adult. Prices reflect the member discounted rate.
To register for an Ed-Venture class, please call (402) 738-2092 or click here
–Explore deserts around the world and the animals that call these challenging habitats home!
July 25 10-11 a.m.
July 26 10-11 a.m.
– Take some time to learn about our Zoo train and what keeps it running on the right track. All Aboard!
August 1 or 8 10-11 a.m.
– So you think you want to care for animals at the Zoo? Join us for this exciting class where we will discover what it takes to be a Zookeeper.
August 15 or 16 10-11 a.m.
Ants on Parade
– They go marching one by one, and are not just a nuisance at a picnic anymore!
September 5 or 6 10-11 a.m.
– Flutter over to the Zoo and explore the wonderful world of butterflies.
September 12 or 13 10-11 a.m.
– Who loves ladybugs? We do! Fly over to the Zoo & Aquarium to discover what makes these beetles so special.
September 19 or 20 10-11 a.m.
– Eight legs and eight eyes, oh my! Explore the fascinating world of spiders.
September 26 or 27 10-11 a.m.
– At the Zoo & Aquarium, we go batty for bats! Hang with us to bust some myths and learn about the world’s only flying mammal!
October 3 or 4 10-11 a.m.
– WHOOO better to learn about than Owls? You are sure to have a hoot in this class!
October 17 or 18 10-11 a.m.
Trick or Treat!
– Get ready for Halloween by joining the Zoo & Aquarium to learn about tricks animals try to play!
October 24 or 25 10-11 a.m.
– Wings, feathers and beaks, oh my! Learn what makes birds so unique.
November 7 or 8 10-11 a.m.
Mice are Nice
– Scurry over to the Zoo & Aquarium to learn about some of our furry little residents!
November 14 or 15 10-11 a.m.
We Are Family
– It’s a family affair at the Zoo & Aquarium as we explore animals that just can’t get enough of their relatives!
November 21 or 22 10-11 a.m.
Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Some animals hibernate, some animals migrate, and others simply think winter’s great! Bundle up and learn how animals weather the cold winter.
December 5 or 6 10-11 a.m.
– Join us for this exciting class where we will discover how “animal doctors” care for the residents at the Zoo & Aquarium.
December 12 or 13 10-11 a.m.