L.I.O.N. (Learning Is Our Nature) Cubs Classes are for children ages 3 to 4. Pre-registration and payment of $13.00 per session is required. An adult must accompany the participant. The registration cost covers one child and one adult. Prices reflect the member discounted rate.
To register for an Ed-Venture class, please call (402) 738-2092 or click here
Otters, Beavers & Bears
– Paddle down the river to learn about animals that live in or near the water's edge. Gather sticks like a beaver, catch fish like a bear, and slide on your belly like an otter.
February 5 10-11 a.m.
February 6 10-11 a.m.
– Jump like a toad, wriggle like a tadpole, and snack like a salamander as we learn about frogs and their amphibian friends.
February 20 10-11a.m.
February 26 10-11a.m.
– Swing onto the island of Madagascar to practice your lemur skills. Dig like an Aye-aye, leap like a Sifaka, and sniff like a Ring-tailed lemur.
March 4 10-11 a.m.
March 5 10-11 a.m.
– Did you know that opossums are the only living marsupial in North America? Just like kangaroos they care for their young in a special pouch! Discover everything makes these misunderstood creatures so awesome!
April 1 10-11 a.m.
April 9 10-11 a.m.
– It will surely be a roaring good time as we learn about one of our “mane” attractions - the big cats in the Cat Complex.
May 6 10-11 a.m.
May 12 10-11 a.m.
May 14 10-11 a.m.
– Joeys, foals, chicks, hatchlings – join us as we learn about animal babies and how they are cared for at the Zoo.
June 3 10-11 a.m.
June 11 10-11 a.m.
– Pack your trunks and discover one of the newest additions to our African Grasslands family!
July 1 10-11 a.m.
July 7 10-11 a.m.
July 9 10-11 a.m.