L.I.O.N. (Learning Is Our Nature) Mane Classes are for children ages 10 to 12. Pre-registration and payment of $18.00 per child is required (member rate). Art classes are two hours in length and are $15.00 per child (member rate).
To register for an Ed-Venture class, please call (402) 738-2092 or click here
Art at the Zoo: Camouflage
– Explore camouflage from an artistic point of view, discovering how different animals use camouflage to hide from predators or prey. Learn how to draw a variety of camouflage techniques and complete one animal drawing blending into its environment. Cost: $15 per child
March 29 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
– Joeys, foals, chicks, hatchlings – join us as we learn about animal babies and how they are cared for at the Zoo.
May 3 1-4 p.m.
– No monkey business here; we are going APE for gorillas!
May 31 1-4 p.m.
Coral Reef Hotel
– Sea turtles, eels and giant clams are just some of the amazing animals that hangout in coral reefs. Hang with us as we explore this colorful world below the sea!
June 14 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Sharks and Rays
– Plunge into the underwater world of sharks and stingrays! Discover what these relatives have in common and what makes them unique. Plus check out our new exhibit, Stingray Beach!
July 19 1-4 p.m.