At the Zoo
Recycling bins are located throughout the zoo near trash bins. We accept: aluminum, paper, and plastics #1-7.
- Bring your own reusable bottle
Have a favorite way to stay hydrated while watching the giraffes or feeding the koi? Bring it to the Zoo in a reusable bottle. There are also water fountains throughout the Zoo for a quick refill.
You can recycle your zoo map before you leave zoo grounds. Or use it for when you make a scrapbook of your trip to the zoo!
- Turn off any unnecessary lights
- Unplug any electronics/appliances that are not in use
Even when an item is not in use, it is most likely still draining energy (wasted energy use is about 10% of your energy bill).
- Donate any unwanted items to charities
- When possible use reusable items in place of disposable
Reusable bags and drinking containers are great ways to keep plastic out of our landfills and waterways.
- When possible shop at your local farmer’s market for your grocery needs
Worldwatch Institute estimates that the food items used in American meals travel more than 1500 miles from farm to plate! Buying local will decrease the amount of fuel used to transport your food to you.